HIGH PROTEIN VEGETARIAN FOODS
Proteins are large molecules that our body’s cells needs to work properly. Proteins are made of amino acids. When it comes to build muscles, protein has the major roll. It is macronutrients that helps to build muscles. Body’s cells, tissues and organs cannot exist without them. So our body needs sufficient amount of protein to build muscles and function properly.
But many of us are vegetarians and don’t eat meat or fishes. If you are one of them and thinking that vegetarians don’t have protein sources then you are wrong. There are many guys who are vegetarians and have a nice physics with big muscles. Here is a list of ‘ High Protein Vegetarian Foods‘ for you. These foods are Good Vegetarian Protein Sources to include in your diet to prepare a High Protein Diet. You can get enough amount of protein from these high protein vegetarian foods.
These high protein vegetarian foods are categorized. These categories of vegetarian protein sources are below.
- EGGS (OPTIONAL)
1. PEANUT BUTTER :- Peanut butter is made by ground peanuts. You can find this easily in market. Peanut butter is one of the high protein vegetarian foods to bulk up or weight gain. Peanut butter has 25% protein, 25% carbs and 50% goods fat. 2 tablespoon of peanut butter have 7.5 grams protein and 188 calories.
2. COTTAGE CHEESE :- Cottage cheese is tasty and healthy too. 1 cup of cottage cheese contains 28 gram protein and 163 calories.
3. GREEK YOGURT :- 1 cup of greek yogurt has about 15 grams of protein and 160 calories.
4. SWISS CHEESE :- 1 slice of swiss cheese contains 7.5 grams of protein and 106 calories.
5. TOFU :- Tofu is great combination of science and dairy. It is made from white cheese (paneer) and soy. 100 gram tofu has 8 grams of protein and 100 calories.
6. SOY MILK :- 1 cup of soy milk has 8 gram protein and 130 calories.
7. ALMONDS :- Almonds are one the best high protein vegetarian foods in nuts. These are good vegetarian protein sources. 10 almonds have 6 grams of protein and 160 calories.
8. CASHEWS :- 1 ounce of cashews has about 5 grams of protein and 155 calories.
9. WALNUTS :- 1 cup walnuts has 18 grams protein and 765 calories.
10. PISTACHIO :- 1 cup of pistachios has 25 grams protein and 685 calories.
11. PECANS :- 1 cup of pecans has 10 gram protein and 750 calories.
12. PUMPKIN SEEDS :- Some seeds are good vegetarian protein sources. Pumpkin seeds are one of them. 1 cup pumpkin seeds contain 12 gram protein and 285 calories.
13. CHIA SEEDS :- 1 ounce of chia seeds has 4 gram protein and 137 calories.
14. HEMP SEEDS :- Hemp seeds are one of the best high protein vegetarian foods. These are good vegetarian protein sources because 1 ounce of hemp seeds contains 9 grams of protein and 161 calories.
15. QUINOA :- 1 cup quinoa has 24 grams of protein and 626 calories.
16. SOYBEANS :- Soybeans are one of the best high protein vegetarian foods. Many of muscle builders use soybeans in their high protein diet because these are good sources of protein. 1 cup soybean has 68 grams of protein and 830 calories.
17. KIDNEY BEANS :- 100 gram of kidney beans contain 7.5 grams protein and 120 calories.
18. CHICK PEAS :- 1 cup of chickpeas has almost 15 grams of protein and 270 calories.
19. LENTILS :- 100 gram of lentils have 21 grams of protein and 350 calories.
20. GREEN PEAS :- Green peas are higher in carbs. 1 cup of green peas has 9 grams of protein and 1340 calories.
21. SPROUTS :- 1 cup of sprouts contains 7 grams of protein and 82 calories.
22. OATS :- Oats are good sources of carbs and good sources of protein too. 1 cup of oats contains almost 26 grams of protein and 607 calories.
23. WHEAT :- 1 cup of wheat has 27 grams of protein and 415 calories.
24. BARLEY :- 1 cup of barley has 23 grams of protein and 657 calories.
25. SOBA NOODLES :- Tasty and healthy. You can add soba noodles in your high protein diet. 1 ounce of soba noodles has 4 grams of protein and 94 calories.
26. AVOCADOS :- 1 Avocado has 4 gram protein and 322 calories.
27. BANANA :- 1 medium banana has 1.5 gram protein and 121 calories.
28. GUAVA :- Guava is a tasty fruit and also high in protein. 1 guava has 1.5 gram protein and 37 calories.
29. COCONUT :- Coconut and coconut milk both are good for health. 1 coconut has 13 grams of protein and 1405 calories.
30. BROCCOLI :- For vegetarian broccoli is one of best high protein vegetarian foods in vegetables. 1 broccoli has 4 grams of protein and 51 calories.
31. SWEET CORN :- Sweet corn is tasty and healthy. 1 large sweet corn has 4.5 gram protein and 123 calories.
32. CAULIFLOWER :- Cauliflower is one of the best high protein foods for vegetarians. This is high in protein. 1 large cauliflower contains 16 gram protein and 210 calories.
33. ASPARAGUS :- 1 cup asparagus has 3 gram protein and 27 calories.
Eggs in high protein vegetarian foods? As you know vegetarians are those who don’t eat meat and fish but some vegetarians eat eggs. Eggs are rich source of protein.
34. EGGS :- Eggs are one of the best high protein foods. These are easy to digest and 1 large egg contains 5-5.5 grams of protein and 20 calories.
1 Ounce = 28.35 gram
1 Tablespoon = 14.3 gram
1 Cup = 128 gram
Here is a list of best 34 “high protein vegetarian foods“.